A leading dementia charity needs volunteers for a face-to-face role that seeks to enable people with the condition to stay connected in their communities, and build their confidence to stay active and engaged in social and recreational activities.
You would be doing the following.
- Participating in activities you share an interest in with a person with dementia, to help them to keep doing the things they love – or pick up new ones!
- Giving advice to people living with dementia and signposting them to services to enable them to live well.
- Assisting and supporting people living with dementia.
- Communicating regularly with the coordinator and/or lead volunteers.
The role will suit you if you:
- want to support, enable and empower people living with dementia
- are a good verbal communicator with great listening skills, especially face to face
- are happy volunteering on your own and keeping in touch with your team
- can provide a committed, flexible approach and are willing to learn.
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.