Volunteer mentors are needed to engage and inspire families who need support. They will help families and children (aged 8-19) to take part in new activities, develop new skills and build their confidence.
The aims of this scheme include the following:
- supporting parents, children and families to make positive lifestyle choices
- enabling families to recognise their achievements and positive behaviours, so as to build confidence and skills
- helping those who are having difficulties to access support services and activities
- encouraging families to find solutions to challenges and to be better connected in their local community.
- Zomig for sale
- Hytrin cost per pill
- Can you take lovenox and coumadin together
Mentors will learn new skills and gain satisfaction from making a difference to families, being part of a team, and supporting their local community
Due to the Covid-19 situation this role will be home based. Volunteers will deliver support to families over the phone and via video link using Zoom or Skype. They will be provided with a comprehensive induction and training programme.
This role may include evenings and weekends but is fully flexible. Volunteers should provide support for a minimum of once a week for approximately two hours, over a ten-week period.
Skills and qualifications: commitment, reliability and resilience; a desire to help others; empathy and respect for others' situations; confidentiality; interpersonal skills. Volunteers must adhere to, safeguarding policies.
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.