Parkinson's disease is a serious neurological condition affecting around 145,000 people in the UK. A local support group needs a leader to coordinate and arrange group activities, from monthly talks to yoga.
The tasks required include:
- acting as a contact for local and UK office staff
- arranging the programme of activities, including outings
- organising room bookings and refreshments
- working with staff and other volunteers to ensure the group runs in line with established guidelines.
The leader must have strong administrative, communication and IT skills, and have a positive attitude to making things happen in the local community
He or she must also be:
- collaborative and team focused
- motivated and reliable
- enthusiastic and friendly.
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.