Volunteers are needed to deliver books (and other library items) to people in their own homes, sheltered housing or in care homes. These are people unable to get to their local library. The deliveries enable them to continue to enjoy reading. The items are selected by library staff for the customer (usually based on their personal preferences for format and genre).
• deliver a selection of books, audio books and DVDs, whilst observing social distancing guidelines
• phone customers to tell them you’re delivering and ask how and where they want the items placed
• exchange a brief, socially distanced, chat with the customer to check they are OK
• if appropriate, flag up to the library contact any need that the customer may express (so we can either signpost to other organisations that help or refer the customer).
You must have:
• access to a car and a full driving licence
• an interest in people
• good communication and people skills
• able to work on own initiative
• the ability to carry moderate amounts of books and other library materials
• a practical and patient nature.
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.