A highly regarded local museum needs volunteers for its welcome desk.
Desk volunteers are the public face of the museum and a visitor’s first point of contact. Good customer care and equal treatment for visitors of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds is therefore essential to the role. Specific duties include:
- greeting visitors on entry
- issuing tickets
- providing information on the location of facilities as appropriate
- providing information on the layout of the galleries and a suggested route
- highlighting special activities for children and families where relevant
- answering enquiries
- responsibility for the till and shop.
The museum would also be delighted to hear from volunteers who are able to provide ‘cover’ for regular shift volunteers when they have planned absences (for holidays, hospital appointments etc.)
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.