A local hospice charity provides free, compassionate care and support to hundreds of adults with life-limiting illnesses, their families and carers. Its fund-raising shops need more volunteers.
Some volunteers assist mainly with the sorting of donated stock, or with customer service in the front of the shop. Others have responsibility for a particular type of stock – e.g. books, clothes or bric-a-brac. Others do a bit of everything depending on what is required!
The tasks involved include:
- sorting donated items
- arranging items on the shop floor – deciding what looks best where
- providing great customer service – welcoming everyone who comes into the shop with a ‘good morning / afternoon’ and a friendly smile
- serving customers at the till
- accepting donations and processing Gift Aid.
No prior retail experience is required but volunteers will need the following skills and qualities:
- polite and helpful at all times when interacting with customers
- good at working as part of a team
- able to work independently when the role requires
- adaptable to change – willing to help with whatever needs doing in the best interests of the shop
- willing to learn and follow guidance / processes
- able to take the initiative and find things that need doing during quieter periods
- hard working.
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.