A lively Anglican village church needs a Treasurer for its parochial church council (PCC). Reporting to the PCC and the priest in charge, the treasurer would be expected to work around six hours per week on tasks such as the following.
• Maintain a record of financial transactions using an appropriate software package.
• Facilitate payments to suppliers and expense claimants, mostly via online banking.
• Receive funds, including online donations, cashless card readers, and monthly cash counting and banking.
• Review the financial results and to make recommendations to the PCC on actions to reduce cost and improve income.
• Communicate appropriate financial information to the congregation.
• Review and propose a budget in January to the PCC.
It would be helpful for the new Treasurer to be fully or part-qualified in bookkeeping or accounting but this is not essential. Skills required include:
• knowledge of software and online systems, including online banking
• ability to manage own workload
• ability to provide financial information in a user-friendly way.
• a supportive attitude towards Christian principles, even if not a practising Christian.
Full training and support will be given to the successful applicant.
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.