Volunteers are needed to ensure the smooth arrival of Ukrainian refugees at Stansted Airport. They will operate from a Ukrainian Assistance Triage Point in the main terminal and when needed at the support hub in Enterprise House.
A team of two volunteers will be led and supported by an onsite coordinator. Available shifts will operate seven days per week:
- 9am -12pm
- 12pm - 4pm
- 4pm - 8pm
- 8pm - 12.30am
Full induction training will be provided online and must be completed. Enhanced DBS also required and will be provided. Free parking, mileage, food and drink will be provided.
Skills and qualities needed as follows:
• organisational skills
• problem solving
• ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner
• ability to work within the team
• recognise own limitations and seek support from others
• act in a way that supports equality and values diversity
• show empathy and compassion towards others and treat people with dignity and respect
• show resilience, adaptability and flexible approach as situations arise
• motivated to use initiative to recognise problems and seek solutions whilst understanding the importance of empowering and enabling others.
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.