Loneliness and isolation are a big issue for many people, and so is inactivity. An exciting new project is looking for friendly faces and people who enjoy walking and talking, to become part of a team of ‘volunteer walking buddies’. The aim is to help people who are battling with anxiety and a loss of confidence, so that they can get back outside.
To join the team you should:
- have a friendly attitude and enjoy meeting new people
- be happy to engage on a one-to-one basis with other members of your community
- be able to motivate people and walk with an individual, whilst adhering to government Covid-19 guidelines
- possess empathy and the ability to offer advice and support.
Your role will include:
- 'signposting' individuals towards other supportive organisations by using the Frontline Uttlesford app (training provided)
- helping individuals gain confidence and understanding on how to get back outdoors and stay active
- assisting in the development of the project across the district.
By clicking the Enquire button and submitting your contact information, you consent to Volunteer Uttlesford passing your details to the organisation seeking support, who will then be in touch to progress your enquiry.