Talent Pool connects volunteers from a variety of professional backgrounds with organisations who are looking for short-term, specialist help
The work required might be done by telephone, email or face to face
Talent Pool aims to:
- recruit and match suitably skilled professionals with voluntary and community organisations in need of short-term specialist support
- increase capacity, knowledge and skill base of voluntary and community organisations in Uttlesford
- increase the awareness of local businesses concerning voluntary and community organisations, the valuable work they undertake and the part they contribute to the community
- promote a sense of community and positive awareness of volunteering throughout Uttlesford
To be eligible for support from the programme, organisations must be not-for-profit or registered charities. They must be based in Uttlesford and provide services within the area.
Volunteers are suitably experienced people from a variety of professional backgrounds that can provide specialist support to a wide range of not-for-profit organisations. They must have a genuine desire to support others by sharing their skills and experiences and giving their time freely. They may be currently working full or part-time, between-jobs, retired or taking time out to raise a family.
Volunteers for Talent Pool need to have:
- a willingness to commit to a short-term project or task
- the ability to pass on skills, knowledge and experience
- some spare time to devote for the duration of the project or task plus enthusiasm,
patience and flexibility
- two years relevant professional experience for each skill they would like to offer